NOMINATION

Nomination & Judging Process

Nominations are open to all Kuala Lumpur tourism industry players who fall within award categories. Three methods of nomination are accepted, although, not all methods are applicable for some categories. The methods of nomination are self-nomination, by invitation and third-party nomination. Nomination forms can be downloaded from the official website from 7th March 2017.

Completed nominations forms and supporting documentation (where applicable), must reach the Kuala Lumpur Mayor’s Tourism Awards secretariat by the 31st of March 2017.

Only shortlisted nominations in each category will progress to the judging stage. The judging sessions will be conducted from 7th April 2017 until the 5th of May 2017. During this period, the on-line public voting will also be available for selected categories.

The judging sessions will make up 95% of the total marks awards to each nominee while the remaining 5% will be determined through public votes. Not all categories will include public voting to determine the award recipients.

The method of judging will differ according to each category. Nominees will be required to host the panel of judges for site visits and to sample the service or product offered to tourists. Interviews may be required for categories where the nominees are individuals.

All results will be tabulated and audited by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall audit department. The award recipients will be announced to the public during the gala dinner and award presentation ceremony that is scheduled for 23rd May 2017.

1

Download & Complete
Nomination Forms

2

Send In Completed
Nomination Forms &
Supporting Documentation

3

Shortlisted Nominations
Will Progress To
The Judging Stage

Official Award Partners

Shangri-La Hotel
Royal Selangor
KL Hop On Hop Off
Canon
ARCH Kuala Lumpur City Gallery
Perfect Magic